We are presently looking for a DESIGN COORDINATOR for our Edmonton office.
Reporting to the District Manager, you will be mainly responsible to manage and coordinate the design team department work loads, and to work in conjunction with the sales representatives/project managers to ensure the relationship with the client continues to develop. Among other things, your responsibilities will be:
- Collecting and analyzing all information necessary for design;
- Identifying standards and codes governing design and installation of automatic fire sprinkler systems;
- Automatic fire sprinkler system design and layout, hydraulic calculations, material stocklisting;
- Planning, scheduling and organizing all phases of the project;
- Establishing the basic design criteria for the project with the client;
- Site surveys and plan review;
- Reviewing engineering and design schedules, man-hour budgets and controls;
- Monitoring contract changes and providing details of material and labour cost changes to sales representatives;
- Following budgets and deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical or electrical Engineering, or College diploma in fire protection or building mechanics or civil engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience with all water suppression, foam agent, gas agent systems and Industrial Quality Control procedures (an asset);
- Proficiency in standards and codes governing the design and installation of automatic fire protection systems;
- Proficiency in computer-assisted design with AutoCAD;
- Very good knowledge of Hydratec software series;
- Specific training in fire protection;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Leadership, ability to manage a team.
If this position meets your career interests and qualifications, we look forward to receiving your application.
Back to Jobs Opening
Innovatives solutions for all sectors of activity.